Parking tickets happen for a variety of violations. Ignoring signs or markers and parking in tow-away zones, blocking fire hydrants or special needs parking, entry paths and more will get you parking tickets. If you pay your ticket off on time, you can go about your business.
Parking tickets in Virginia most commonly occur when a driver:
- Fails to leave a parking spot before the meter has expired.
- Takes up more than one metered space or non-metered space in a parking lot.
- Blocks a fire hydrant.
- Parks in such a way that it disrupts the flow of traffic.
- Parks in a special needs parking zone like disabled or stroller parking.
- Leaves all or part of the vehicle parked on a sidewalk.